Re: FTP server question:

At 04:02 PM 2/4/2004, you wrote:
I would like to setup/install a Red Hat ES server that would support FTP connections. I need a FTP server that will provide email notification after a file has been uploaded. Is there an open source FTP server that will do this?

I think this is not a normal function of an FTP server.

I've also researched using a program called "dnotify" I believe if will do what I need, however I would need a Perl (or something like that) script that could execute and create a list of a directory and then email that and a message to a user. Would anyone be interested in helping me create a script like this?

Kyle, I've written a little program called upload.cgi that I use on my website. And it is set up to email me when someone downloads a free program from my site so if this will suit your needs and I add a GNU copyright notice to it --- then what? I mean, I wonder where I could post such a thing, though I also don't mind just sending it to you.

BTW the script runs off the "download formal" link on this page of my site http://face2interface.com/Products/Formal.shtml. It has a little security in it too so just using the link directly won't work because it authentications based on the http_referer environment variable.

P.S. I obviously wrote upload.cgi to provide a way to send visitors files if they wanted, and to email me as a way to keep apprised of when this happens. It's kind of ironic that there would be possible interest in that program itself :) <go figure>

Marty Landman   Face 2 Interface Inc 845-679-9387
This Month's New Quiz --- Past Superbowl Winners