Re: Trying to get the RedHat OS to see the raid drive

On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 04:00:59PM -0500, James Marcinek wrote:
> You need to configure your devices in the /etc/raidtab. You can do a man
> on raidtab. Off the top of my head, I'm not sure what else is required...

/etc/raidtab is used for software raid.  The OP is using hardware raid.

I haven't played with an Adaptec ATA raid controller so I don't know
what it needs, but poking through the /proc filesystem might tell the OP
what the OS really sees (it might see it but s/he just just didn't realize
it).

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA