I Hate Nautilus - help me ;)

Evening all,

I've just come back to my Linux box after a few weeks on windows
(hardware problems) and have been fiddling with the GUI - changed window
manager's etc - just tweaking it. I've decided that I hate nautilus -
its slow, cumbersome and doesnt look very pretty. I've finally got gnome
setup the way I like it - is there any way to get rid of nautilus and
stick something better in its place? Any suggestions for a decent file
manager and how to install it?

TIA
Jeff