Re: [OT] file transfer over http?

It'll be over http - easyiest way to find out is the address..

ftp://yoursite.com/file.tgz <---ftp (ftp:// at the start)
http://yoursite.com/file.tgz <---ftp (http:// at the start)

If you want them to download the file via ftp then you must setup an ftp
daemon (vs-ftpd or similar) since ,AFAIK, apache doesnt do anything with
ftp, then put the file in a public directory and amend the link on the
webpage.
Jeff