Re: iptables nat masquerade

On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 01:00:06PM -0800, Jim Austin wrote:
> Am trying to set up IP masquerading on my RH9 box that has two NICs.
> One connects to a W2k box (eth0) and the other (eth1) to a DSL DHCP
> connection.

I have a related question: I have a notebook with an ethernet port and
a PCMCIA jack into which I frequently have an 802.11b card plugged.
How hard would it be to route between the two, one direction or the
other:

 0. Don't route anything, this would be the default unless I decided
    to do otherwise.

 1. When plugged into ethernet for an internet connection, I would
    like the option to be a NATing wifi access point for others to get
    on the internet.

 2. When getting on the internet via my 802.11b card, I would like the
    option to offer NATing internet access to others via my ethernet
    connector.  (I think this thread has already mostly answered this
    part of my question.)

I suppose in both cases it would also be good to be a DHCP server, but
I have set up a DHCP server, that isn't mysterious to me.

Is this hard?

Thanks,

-kb