Re: iptables nat masquerade

You do not need to use any proxy settings in browsers on you internal
network
computers when you are using NAT on the router.

I think that you should use the following iptables configuration on the
router:

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s <internal_network_addresses> -o eth1
-j MASQUERADE

iptables -t filter -A FORWARD -s <internal_network_addresses> -j ACCEPT
iptables -t filter -A FORWARD -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j
ACCEPT
iptables -t filter -A FORWARD -j DROP

Instead of the last three lines you can set the default polucy of
FORWARD chain to
ACCEPT and flust the chain, however, I think this would be less secure.

Alexey Fadyushin
Brainbench MVP for Linux
http://www.brainbench.com