wacky screen on boot of custom distro CD

Hi,

Has anyone seen this, and do they have some advice?

Is this the right list, or is there one that is closer to what we need?

I created a customized distribution of redhat 9 using the rhcd-scripts
shell script updateBuild.sh .

We used a standard purchased redhat distribution, and added a few
extras, and removed tons of kde and emacs (sorry kde and emacs folks,
it's great but we don't us it, and we can't fit it into three CD's if we
add that stuff).

After I burn the .iso for disc 1, and put it in a CD tray of another
machine, the bios boots OK, then I get the ISOLINUX message to flash,
and then instead of the usual install / upgrade screen, I get a funny
looking screen that looks like some cool abstract art or something. If I
do an alt-f2, or something, the machine just boots.

This happened before, and after I changed some distro values, it was OK
again.

I have burnt the CD using speed=0 on the one machine, and on others too.

Another funny quirk is that I can boot into the install/upgrade screen
on the originating machine of the distribution generation, but not
others even if I burn from the other machines. I have tried three
different types of cd burners.

I can offer furthur debugging info on request such as the updateBuild.sh
output.

Thanks in Advance,
Blair.