Re: Limit network bandwidth

Great!

¡Gracias! ;)

Daniel Carrillo wrote:

El jue, 22-01-2004 a las 10:00, Leo escribió:

Is is possible to limit network bandwidth on a source and/or destination IP and/or port basis?

For example, I have a firewall that I would like to reserve say 20 KB upload bandwidth for http and ftp, 5KB more for some other service like sshd, and another 10KB for some other service for example cvs, and then whatever extra network bandwidth to the rest of services.

Is it possible to give priority to certain services over the others?

Also I'd like to control bandwidth usage for http/ftp abusers. Is this possible? If so what would be the best method, maybe limit bandwidth to say X KB per minute for some specific IP? Is this possible too?

See: http://l7-filter.sourceforge.net/ and http://www.lartc.org

Cheers.