Re: pop won't authenticate my password

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 06:39:32 -0500, Ed McCorduck <ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:redhat-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of roger2
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 10:57 AM
To: redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: pop won't authenticate my password

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 10:36:50 -0500, Ed McCorduck <ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]
configuration changes
> I made to it if any, but how could I check on that? (I
know, I know,
> RTFM, but I'm such a busy man, getting ready to teach my
classes for
> another semester starting tomorrow. ;-) ).
>

> Ed McCorduck
> Department of English
> State University of New York College at Cortland
> ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://mccorduck.cortland.edu
> http://McCorduck.ws

It's actually commented on in the sendmail config ( I forget
the actual
fle name)
The instruction is to comment out a line to stop sendmail
listening only
to the local host.
If you have not found it by the time I log on from home
tonight I will
send somthing more specific unless some kind person has
beaten me to it. Regards Roger

--
Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
http://www.opera.com/m2/

Hi Roger,

Is it sendmail.mc? I know I had to do a bit of fooling around with this
when I first configured sendmail to work on my machine, and then as I
recall I had to regenerate the file sendmail.cf. I dutifully also kept
backups of my original sendmail.mc and sendmail.cf files.

Ed McCorduck
Department of English
State University of New York College at Cortland
ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://mccorduck.cortland.edu
http://McCorduck.ws

Yes See message from Stuart.
When we get a reply to my message with the Recap line we will know you have caught up.
;-)