RE: pop won't authenticate my password

At 09:36 1/20/2004, you wrote:
Yes, I am using sendmail. I don't remember what configuration changes I
made to it if any, but how could I check on that? (I know, I know, RTFM,
but I'm such a busy man, getting ready to teach my classes for another
semester starting tomorrow. ;-) ).

Ed,

Could you refresh my memory on what version of Red Hat Linux you are using?

For sendmail, I can offer you a document I wrote, which will help you (a) set up your machine to receive mail from the Outside and (b) make sure that you are not an open relay which could be abused by spammers. The doc is the "Sendmail SMTP AUTH HOWTO" and you can reach it from here:

http://www.simpaticus.com/linux

Remember that you need to set up three entirely different things in order to fully handle your own mail.

1. The registration and DNS settings for your domain (which from recent mails, may be a problem you need to fix)

2. Configuration of sendmail (which my doc will show you how to do)

3. Configuration of POP/IMAP (which it appears is now working)

Stick to it, you're getting much closer!

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.simpaticus.com