Re: RH ES 3.0 subscription question

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 08:35:17AM -0000, Cannon, Andrew wrote:
> I've looked in the archives and can't seem to find the answer to this
> question, but with the new annual subscriptions. Can you buy a version of RH
> ES and pay RH for the year and then not pay them after that?

Yes you can.  In fact, I've bought Red Hat Professional Workstation -
this is RHEL WS and includes 1 year of updates but not the rest of the
support pieces.

> I realise that we wouldn't have access to the updates or any support,
> but would we still have a run time licence for RH ES or would we lose
> the licence too?

You don't really buy a license for ES - you buy a support contract.

If you're not interested in support after the first year, you may want
to look at a few ES alternative projects like Tao Linux, CAOS, or White
Box Linux - all of these use the Red Hat published SRPMS to apply patch
updates.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts@xxxxxxxxxx