Re: pacct

Mike A. Harris wrote:

That;s the process accounting logfile. If you don't know what it is, you definitely don't need it, nor the psacct package. Simple solution is to just uninstall it and delete the log file.

I suspected that's what it was - but most of my experience in on AIX and process accounting is handled a little differently.

rpm -e psacct ; rm /var/{log,account}/pacct*

I believe your system might have been upgraded from RHL 7.x to a newer release, as the file moved from /var/log to it's FHS location, and that looks like an upgrade dropping. ;o)

Yes, it was...

Thanks!