Broken Wireless in RH9

So I tried to get a different wireless card to work, played with
compiling new version of pcmcia code--and now I have broken my old
wireless card.  It is an old Lucent Orinoco Silver.

When I go into the network configuration GUI the "Select Wireless
Device" window in the wizard offers only "Other Wireless Card".  I
thought it usually gave a list, or saw the current card.  I can't
remember.

If I continue, and later in the GUI choose any of the Lucent Orinoco
choices, it still doesn't work.  In each case it seems to be looking
for wavelan2_cs.o, a file I think only came into being because of my
trying to compile the pcmcia code from scratch.  I can copy my broken
version in (compiler mis-match complaint), but I can't figure out how
to get it to work as Redhat intended.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

-kb, the Kent vanished from the internet for a time because his DSL
modem/router needed power cycling, just a couple days after his
leaving on a three-week vacation.