Re: IMAP set up how to

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 06:23:01PM +0000, Roger Beever wrote:
> As I'm reading my mail increasingly from multiple locations I was
> wondering about setting up an IMAP server on my RH9 mail server which
> runs sendmail.
> Currently I'm using POP and setting most locations to leave a copy on
> the server. From what I gather IMAP would be neater.
> Could some one point me at a howto to achieve this.

You're just about done already.  The default pop server also does imap
so it's probably as simple as just configuring your e-mail client to use
imap instead of pop.  There are good and bad imap clients depending on
what OS you use.  Believe it or not, the best Windows imap client is
Outlook Express (a crappy answer, but it really is the best by far).
I've used mutt on Linux in imap mode and it works well.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts@xxxxxxxxxx