RE: sendmail

> Hello
> I am getting this error, what should i need to do to resolve it?
>
> There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password
> was rejected.
> Account: 'D. advcomm.net', Server: 'mail.advcomm.net', Protocol:
> POP3, Server
> Response: '-ERR POP3 Server Abnormal Shutdown: Already one POP
> session for
> this user!', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error
> Number: 0x800CCC92

Here's one potential cause/fix:

Check to make sure that there is no lock file on the users mailbox (in
/var/mail or wherever the incoming mail dir is).  I think it would be
something like /var/mail/$mailboxname.lock or something like that.

This can happen occasionally when a user has their email app open (accessing
email via pop3, e.g. outlook, outlook express) and then the pop3 client
shuts down abnormally.  The lock should eventually go away but it will
prevent further attempts to read the email and occasionally will also
prevent further mail delivery.
-ben