RH9 The Keyboard Layout Switcher applet appears to have died unexpectedly

Can you help me. I must have misconfigured gkb_applet and now when I try
to add it to my panel I get following error message:
_____
The Keyboard Layout Switcher applet appears to have died unexpectedly

Reload this applet?

(If you choose not to reload it at this time you can always add it by
right clicking on the panel and clicking on the "Add to Panel" submenu)

[No] [Yes]
_____
How do I fix this and get bilingual keyboard switcher to work.

Ideas appreciated,
Roman.