From: redhat-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:redhat-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Larry Brown
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2004 4:25 PM
To: Redhat
Subject: samba printserver

I have a windows printer set up on the network.  I have a seperate smb
fileserver on the network.  I set up a que on the file server for the remote
printer and can send test pages ok.  I want to share that printer to other
windows/linux boxes from samba on the file server so that if something
happens to the windows box I can just make one change on the file server and
all boxes on the network will print to a new location.  IE I take the
printer off the dead windows box and put it on another one giving the file
server new que information to look at the new windows box.  If I set a linux
box up to use the samba share right now,  I get the raw postscript data out
of the printer.

Should the file server look at the windows box as an lpr and the remote
client look at the file server as a postscript printer?

TIA

Larry