Re: RH9 & Compaq Install problem

Ken Cole wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to install RH9 on a Compaq ML380R3 rack mounted server. The CD boots and ask what language and what keyboard but then asks for an installation device and cannot see the cd in the cd-rom, or isn't seing the cd-rom.

Anyone have any ideas? A boot time loader command?

Thanks

Ken

I am not familiar with that family of servers but you should probably use the CD-R's that came with the server and boot with them. Somewhere in the process you will be asked what kind of OS you want to install and insert the RH CD's.
It sounds like the install can't figure out what driver to use for your CD-R drive wich I suppose is on SCSI controller.

Best wishes :)))