RE: managing passwords

Ben Yau <mailto:byau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 1:45 PM said:

> How many user accounts/passwords do you have to remember?

There are probably 20 +/- 5 accounts that require some sort of password.
Too much for me to remember, especially when I don't use them all
everyday, some not even once in a month or more.

> Everywhere I have worked I've only known two passords (maybe a few
> more) . my unix uesrname, and root.  Occasoinally I would remember a
> third (windows login) as I didn't want my windows and unix logins to
> be the same.

Well I'm the system administrator here (if you can call me that!) so I
have to know everything.

Also, I don't remember reading any suggestions for me in your email, did
I miss something or did you not give any?

Chris.