Re: Boot problems with LILO

I install GRUB and load XP.
But it is not stable.
My XP often crush with GRUB ( so i have to reinstall XP OS often. So i gave
up GRUB to load XP ).
But I dont know the exact problem ...
So, i am now using loadlin to load Linux.

> There is a procedure you should have followed and it goes like this.
>
> 1.  Install WinXP first, because it will write over existing boot records,
second it will install itself on the primary boot drive, cause that is the
only location it will boot from.  If you didn't do this then oops (start
over). because winXP won't even boot by itself.

> 2.  Install RH and lilo or Grub.  Until you follow this procedure you will
need to find any other method to work, but I have been on this list and this
is the only way it has work that I know of.  If you find another way then
publish it.