iptables logging help & network config bug

Hello,
A question and a bug report:

1) Question:

I'm trying to read the iptables' LOG rules via syslogd. The only way I can see them is typing dmesg.

I'd like however to read them using syslog.

What I'm doing is add an entry to /etc/syslog.conf like this:

*.* /var/log/all

Then do:

tail /var/log/all

but the message logs from iptables do not show.

What am I doing wrong?

2) Bug report (RH Linux 9) Network configurator.

1st: With certain configurations (for example, having several entries in the /ets/hosts file), when saving and sometimes just by running the configurator, it crashes with an exception.

2nd: The same helper seems to be writing the hosts with IP and hostanem reversed: If I type 127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain in /etc/hosts, then edit network settings and save, the network configurator writes it reversed as: localhost.localdomain 127.0.0.1.

Thanks, Leo.