Re: Possibly Hacked

Okay, now this might make a little more sense.. the error message:

simran@hostnames password:
Permission denied, please try again.
simran@hostnames password:
Unable to find an authentication method

I tried to deploy an ldap server on this host before leaving and reverted my changes since I was unable to get ldap up and running at the time. I did check my nsswitch.conf file and it shows for passwd, group and shadow files first and then ldap. So this should not be the cause but I might be missing something else. Hopefully I am on the right track.. Could this be the issue?

-Simran

Simran Hansrai wrote:

Simran Hansrai wrote: