Re: Ive been hacked - they got root!

Quick thought...

I just noticed that my user account has also been used a number of times
from the same IP but I have been off work for 2 weeks. If someone was
hacking then they wouldnt log in via both a user and root account on the
same day, from the same IP - seems daft.

The box had to be rebooted yesterday (power cut). Could these reports in
logwatch be ghost ssh sessions from when ssh sessions hadnt been closed
correctly (usually my shitty windows box crashing). i.e. when the box
rebooted, the stale sessions were cleared down and only now showing up
in the logs?

I hope someone can shed a bit of light on this one.

Jeff