Re: Forcing sendmail to send using a single ip address?

On Wed, 2003-12-31 at 09:19, Cleveland@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've got a redhat 9 machine running sendmail. The machine I'm using has
> two external ip addresses, and an internal. When it sends mail, it wants
> to use that internal number. Is there a way to force sendmail to use a
> specific ip address?
>
> If not, does postfix offer that feature?
>

> --
> Jody Cleveland
> (cleveland@xxxxxxxxxxxx)

In addition to fixing your routing problems mention in other posts...
you can add the following option to sendmail.mc:

define(`confDOMAIN_NAME', `mail.mydomain.tld')dnl

Change mail.domain.tld to the FQDN of one of the IP's your want to use
on the external interface (you mentioned you have two assigned). Just
make sure the name you enter can be either looked up through DNS (both A
and PTR records) or place an entry in your /etc/hosts file.

You can also change sendmail's login message that is displayed. Same
rules apply as above for the name used.

define(`confSMTP_LOGIN_MSG', `mail.primary.tld')dnl

Steve Cowles