SSH write error

Hello,

We are having this problem when a user tries to upload a file to the Red Hat 8.0 server via SSH (sftp). When the user tries to write the file it returns this error:

Error 8 :/FILENAME (dst):undefined error (server msg: 'Failure')

The error doesn't give you any description for some reason. When I try to upload the same file with root user there is no error and it works perfectly, but with other users it returns this error. I first suspected that it is a permissions problem, but then the same error is there even if I open up all permissions wide for the directory that the file is copied into (set permissions to 'drwxrwxrwx'). Do you have any suggestions on what could be causing this problem or how I could figure out what the cause is?

Thanks,
Mete