Re: gphoto2 & EXIF support?

On Monday 29 December 2003 18:53, Jeff wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Has anyone had any success with gphoto2? Ive just got a (free)
> digital camera. Its only a shitty little thing but it does work
> (fired up a windoze box to check ;p).
>
> Ive managed to get gphoto2 to pick up the cam and it can see the
> files stored on the cam. BUT - it cant download them, it bombs out
> with a segmentation fault. I had a look in the debug output and it
> keeps mentioning that EXIF support was not enabled on compilation.
> How can I enable it - Ive tried compiling from source tarballs but
> it doesnt work - loads of libs cannot be found (none of them EXIF).
> I installed gphoto with apt and libexif is also installed...
>
> [root@beast root]# rpm -q gphoto2
> gphoto2-2.1.0-7
> [root@beast root]# rpm -q libexif
> libexif-0.5.12-1.fr
>

> Any suggestions?
>
> Jeff

Don't know which operating system you're running but I'm using Fedora
here with:

$gphoto2 -v

gphoto2 2.1.3 i386-redhat-linux-gcc, popt, exif, cdk, aa, jpeg,
readline

libgphoto2 2.1.3 i386-redhat-linux-gcc, no EXIF, no ltdl,
/proc/meminfo

libgphoto2_port 0.5.1 i386-redhat-linux-gcc, USB, serial baudboy
locking, no ltdl

which connects via PTP to a Nikon camera. I use exiftags, Version
0.98, to view the extended info:

http://johnst.org/sw/exiftags/

for example:

$exiftags dscn0046.jpg