Re: [Announce] Libmcrypt and mcrypt rpm's for Fedora 1 and Red Hat 9

Hi Michael,

> Not sure what you refer to as "autoreconf". Do you mean the explicit runs of
> "libtoolize -f ; aclocal ; automake -a ; autoconf"?

 The mcrypt SPEC file calls (/usr/bin/)autoreconf in the %build section.
This apparantly calls the above commands as well as autoheader and
autopoint repeatedly.

> If so, this is necessary
> because the patches and your %build section modify the "configure.in"
> template and also many Makefile.am templates.

 Although I have a basic understanding of the subject (ie I understand the
need to generate the make files) but am definitely lacking knowledge of
details on the subject.

 Point is that the autoreconf script calls all these commands and I am not
sure I need them all. For the configuration of libmcrypt libtoolize seems
to suffice.

 Guess I'll have some reading up to do. http://sources.redhat.com/autobook/
seems like a good starting point.

> If you didn't run the tools, they would run automatically
> based on timestamp checks.

 Does that mean that there is no need to call them explicitely from the
SPEC file? When I remove the call to autoreconf from the SPEC file I get a
versioning error regarding automake...

 Ah well, I fixed the most important issues and made updated rpm's
available last night. I'll do some reading up before releasing newer
versions of the packages. Thanks for your input.

Bye,
Leonard.