Setting static routes (was: Re: Disapear)

At 07:01 12/28/2003, you wrote:
I have added 3 new routes in my route (RH 9)

route add -host xxx.xx.xxx.x1 dev eth1
route add -host xxx.xx.xxx.x2 dev eth1
route add -host xxx.xx.xxx.x3 dev eth1

Everything works fine but when I restart the computer these routes disapear.

Whad do I do to make then persistent?

What you want is to make those "static routes". They should be configured in the /etc/sysconfig/static-routes file, and they will then become persistent.

Unfortunately, I cannot tell you the format in which to write them. Search the Red Hat website or Google for more details.

Also, I suggest you use a subject line more descriptive than "Disapear", which really means nothing and will not help you find answers. Someone who knows the answer may not even /read/ your message, which could be about icons on the graphical desktop, configuration files modified by an automated tool, or a thousand other things. I've taken the liberty of changing the subject to "Setting static routes" which is more appropriate.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.simpaticus.com