Re: tcpdump broken after rh9 2.4.20-27.9 kernel upgrade

I did the upgrade by downloading the rpm files to my server, and then
running the install from a script, as I have several systems that I
must maintain.  I did not use up2date; I used essentially the
[scripted] manual process.

While I have only tried tcpdump on one system, my NIDS, I have
observed that in every case, the old kernel images were purged.

BTW My NIDS box has 3 ethernet NICs in it, and only one has an
assigned address, as the other 2 are used for packet sniffing to feed
the NIDS.  The NIC with an address is also in promiscuous mnode, and
sniffs the LAN behind the DMZ.  The other 2 NICs sniff, thru a
read-only cable, the DMZ, and the WILD zones.