Re: Question on Internet access of vsftp server

Never mind, I think it's a PEBCAK issue... :-)

-Bob

Bob Smith wrote:

Pete,

I knew this was too good to last! :-) Is there any reason why changing ports in vsftpd would cause it to go from a local user access to anonymous access, when all that I have changed is the ports? Or would that still be related to upstream configuration.
It sounds flaky, but I've change configurations a few times and restarted, and I get the same results... I think I may ask that the ISP leave the FTP ports blocked. :-) Here's an excerpt from my config.

# Allow anonymous FTP?
anonymous_enable=YES
#
# Uncomment this to allow local users to log in.
local_enable=YES

#ftp_data_port=902   Not my actual ports...
#listen_port=903    Ditto...
ftp_data_port=20   Standard ports....
listen_port=21

When I use the commented out ports, everything works ok and I can log on as a local user. When I use the uncommented ports, or just eliminate the listen_port and use the connect_from_port_20=YES directive, I get anonymous access only.

Nothing but fun and games from the midway, here... :-)

-Bob