ARG: Dell Inspiron 8100 Video Probs

I just did a fresh install of RH 9 with all updates to my Inspiron 8100 laptop but the viewable area is clipped about 2 inches on the sides of the display and 1 inch on the top of the display.

Anyone have any idea why it does this? Also, I have used two other, identical, Inspiron 8100's in the past (also running RH 9) and they did not have this problem. (By identical I mean everything with the exception of the MAC address, same video chip and memory, same CPU, same hard drive and size, same qty of memory, etc...)

What causes this problems on some installs?

Thx,
CC