remote backup software

Hopefully someone here might be able to help me. I have a customer with a SNAP server that is redhat linux based. He is in Arkansas and I am in Kansas. I need to backup a directory on his server nightly. I need to be able to do a full backup to start and then incremental backups every day. ncftpget's -R option doesn't seem to work to traverse down a directory to get all files and sub folders under the main directory. I am assuming that is because the SNAP server is a cut down version of redhat linux. The only access that I will have to the SNAP server is ftp. The version of the SNAP server that he has does not allow me to telnet into it either locally or remotely. So basically, I have to initiate all backups from my computer remotely and the software to do the backup has to be installed on my computer here. I can run either a windows box or a redhat linux box on my end to run the software on. Does anybody have any suggestions on what software I can use? Again, I will only be able to use ftp to get the files as I can't telnet or VPN into his SNAP server.

Thanks
Steve