Re: problems getting CD-RW into SCSI emulation

I think cdrecord does a raw write rather than mounting it, because technically it's a file system that gets mounted, not a volume, and as an empty volume there's no actual file system to mount.

However, I'm unclear now on how to actually read from a written CD-RW.

I'm using a backup script package called "sitback", which does what you'd expect a backup package to do.

I see what I believe to be successful writes to the CD-RW, but I can't remount the CD-RW medium to read from it. I understand that a regular CD reader can't read from a CD-RW that isn't "fixated", but I don't know how to read the files.

Any clues?

j.
============================

At 09:24 AM 12/20/03, you wrote:
On December 19, 2003 09:53 pm, Julian Opificius wrote:
> Aha!
> The symlink cdrom1 -> /dev/scd0 got created automagically, so I guess I can
> put a line in my fstab, can't I?
>
> However, isn't iso9660 a read only format? This is a CD-RW I'm mounting
> here.
>
> j.

Make sure you can mount it properly before worrying about fstab.

For burning cd's you don't need to mount the disk first. I'm not sure if it is
a raw write to the disk or if the burn software actually mounts it.
--
Pete Nesbitt, rhce

============================== Julian A. Opificius. 802 Fawn Road, Elk River, MN 55330. Home: 763.441.1291, Cell: 612.296.2010 julianop@xxxxxxxxxxx ICQ: 3268206 ==============================