Re: Help with /etc/fstab

On December 21, 2003 05:58 am, Roger Beever wrote:
> Hi.
> Mount xxxx.xxxnet.net:/home/share /home/share
>  works to manually mount my nfs share but the info in the Admin guide
> has confused me and my entry in /etc/fstb fail at boot up.
> Could some kind person please give me the line I should add and indicate
> anywhere else I should add lines.
> I have to mount it as root but would like to make it user if possible.
> The network is personal lan but tcp addition in the admin guide makes
> sense so I should be able to add that if I need to.
> Server and client are all of 3 feet apart !!

Hi Roger,
If you had a manual mount of:
mount -t nfs remotesys:/user/data /mnt/data1

the fstab would be:
remotesys:/user/data /mnt/data1 nfs owner,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,soft,intr 0 0

That will allow any user to mount it, 8192 entries should speed things up with
increased block sizes, soft means it will return an error instead of hanging
if the server is unavailble, and intr is similar by allowing a kill of the
process if server is unavailble.

If you want it to be mounted at boot time, asdd auto to the options set. If
you do not care if one user can umount a different users mount, you can
change owner to user.

Hope that helps
--
Pete Nesbitt, rhce