Re: DISPLAY variable

On 07:31 18 Dec 2003, Haley Crowe <HCROWE@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| Okay, I'm back with another question.  If I set this up in the main
| XF86Config, won't it try to apply it to all users?  I have multiple
| users logging in remotely, and only 1 of them is currently trying to use
| dual monitors.  He "accidently" set this before by playing with the
| export DISPLAY command and changing the the :0.0 flags around.  However,
| he can't remember how he did it.

I think you're at cross purposes.
Remote logins won't be using the video hardware of the box.
Only local people, sitting in front of the machine, will do that.
The XF86Config file is used for the X server managing the local video
hardware.

When you say "multiple users logging in remotely, and only 1 of them is
currently trying to use dual monitors" what exactly do you mean?

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Windows is really user friendly - it doesn't crash on its own, it first
opens a dialog box, saying it will crash and you have to click OK :-)
        - Zoltan Kocsi