Re: RHEL3 - Only one CPU seen with hyperthreading

Hi,

> > I think he may have disabled hyperthreading in the BIOS.

No it is definately enabled in the BIOS and I haven't changed any BIOS
settings since I tried FC1 which it was working with.

> Good point.  Peter, you can either add it to your /etc/grub.conf
> (symlink to /boot/grub/grub.conf) or add it during the boot process.  To
> add it to your grub file, you'll want to change the relevant kernel line
> so it looks something like this:
>
> kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.21-4.ELsmp ro root=LABEL=/ acpismp=force
>
> Or, you can add the option from the grub menu at boot.  When the grub
> menu comes up, hit "e" to enter edit mode.  Cursor to the kernel line
> and hit "e" again.  Add "acpismp=force" to the end of the line.  Hit
> enter.  Hit "b" to boot.

Ok thanks for the instructions, never had to do that before :)

Tried it but it didn't work :(  Same results as before.

I have however had a closer look in /var/log/messages and there is an
ominous log entry that I missed seeing before

kernel: SMP motherboard not detected.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

--
Regards,