Re: Netatalk daemon

On 12/18/03 4:28 PM, "R. McFarlane" <yarhl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> spoke
thusly:

> According to the documentation within the afpd.conf file, you want a line
> like the following :
>
> "AppleTalk Server" -uamlist uams_guest.so

Thank you so much R. McFarlane,

That did the trick, and after playing around with the options, I actually
have 'guest login' using the user account I had originally set up. I see now
where in the last line in the config file, it describes the default
settings, and because 'uams_guest.so' is not defined on the options line,
guests were not allowed to login.

I went back to the docs and re-read to see where I was getting tripped up,
and it was actually -guestname option that had thrown me off. I was reading
the description for what it did, and was taking it to mean that the default
option was to allow guest log-ins. But obviously that was not the case. It
actually made sense to me this time though, and I am taking advantage of it
to use the same 'user' account, so I do not need to worry about permissions
and such. :)

FWIW, here is my config:

"Gandalf" -guestname "our_username_here" -transall -uamlist
uams_guest.so,uams_clrtxt.so,uams_dhx.so -loginmesg "Welcome to Middle
Earth!"

Thanks again!

Craig D.

--