Question on Internet access of vsftp server

Hi.  I'm running Red Hat 9 on an internet facing server, and have
chosen vsftp as the FTP server.  The system is firewalled using
IP tables, and has ports open for FTP service (20 and 21).

Currently I can access the FTP server on the box, but not from the
Internet.  I had the same configuration when I was building the local
box on the network and was able to FTP from other machines on my
local network.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make vsftp accessible
via the Internet? So far my other firewall openings are working for
the servers they represent, it's just this one.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Bob Smith