Re: Cannot relay email through mail server

At 12:43 12/17/2003, you wrote:
I believe Rodolfo (who you mentioned) sent me a reply from a question I had when I first started setting up this box.

http://www.simpaticus.com/linux/sendmail-smtp-auth-howto.html

That might be a place for me to start....

...and hopefully finish. :-) Let me know if anything doesn't work properly, or if you find it hard to understand in any way so I can make it better. Benjamin and I will now expand this HOWTO to cover the full scope of setting up your own mail server (both SMTP and POP/IMAP) on Fedora Core 1. It will cover implementing SMTP AUTH, MailScanner, an antivirus engine, and SpamAssassin with either Postfix or Sendmail (whatever is your favorite).

Give us some time to get the thing going though... you can check our progress over time since we will be posting "in progress" versions for public review and comment. And do let us know whether everything works fine on your system. :-)

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.simpaticus.com