From: redhat-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:redhat-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of fred smith
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 9:27 PM
To: redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Connecting to a remote Oracle database

On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 04:09:21PM -0800, Richard S. Crawford wrote:
> I need to be able to connect to the Oracle 9i database at work from my
> Linux desktop at home.  Is this possible to do without installing the
> entire Oracle database software on my home computer?  I'm running RH 8
> at home, and the remote database is Oracle 9i on Solaris 9.

You'll need to install the oracle client software at home. I refer you
to www.puschitz.com for a ton of info on doing such installations.

> --
> Slainte,
> Richard S. Crawford
> AIM: Buffalo2K / Y!: rscrawford / ICQ: 11640404
> Howard Dean for America: http://www.deanforamerica.com
> http://www.mossroot.com http://www.stonegoose.com
> "It is only with our heart that we can see clearly.  What is essential
> is invisible to the eye."  --Antoine de Saint Exupery
>

> --

---- Fred Smith --
fredex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -----------------------------
  "For him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before
his
 glorious presence without fault and with great joy--to the only God our
Savior
 be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord,
before
                     all ages, now and forevermore! Amen."