Re: Mailman woes

Hello Michael,

to get Mailman work wiht RH9 install the latest mailman package from Errata.
After installation configure Mailman from the command line.
(to create new lists with web interface doesn't work correctly)

- Create a site password:

/var/mailman/bin/mmsitepass

- Run the newlist command and create a new list called "mailman":

/var/mailman/bin/newlist

- Enter the aliases for the "mailman" list to your /etc/aliases file and
execute the newaliases command

- Start the mailman service

- Run the newlist command again and create your own list, enter the aliases
for your list to the /etc/aliases and run newaliases again.

Now you can easy configure your list via the web interface and modify some
options you want:

http://yourserver/mailman/admin/yourlist

After that Mailman will send mails to all your listmembers.

greetings

Frank Jahn
(Netzwerkadministrator, RHCE, LPIC-1)

robbe Modellsport GmbH & Co. KG