hidden files access???

I installed Yahoo Messenger on my Redhat 9 system. For some strange reason it didn't work with root, but worked with the ordinary user. So i uninstalled it and tried to reinstall it. But this time, after installation, the configuration page was not opening. Doubting that there might be a couple of old files still lurking around, i uninstalled it again, and then performed a search. It yeilded 6 files still remaining:
/usr/bin/ymessenger.local
/usr/share/applications/ymessenger.desktop
/opt/ymessenger/bin/ymessenger.desktop
/opt/ymessenger/bin/ymessenger.bin
/opt/ymessenger/bin/ymessenger.kdelnk
/opt/ymessenger/bin/ymessenger.local

All of these files are showing up as 0 bytes. I navigated to the respective directories and tried to delete these files manually, but they were not there. Even upon choosing to show to hidden files from edit preferences, these files didn't show up. But when i try to run these files from the search results, it gives me an error message saying nautilus not capable of opening file as no suitable viewer available.

How can i gain access to and remove these files?