Re: newbie cdrom problems

Just thought I would throw in my 2 cents (from one newbie to
another)..I'm running redhat 9 on my system using two hard drives and
two cdroms with the 2nd cdrom drive being a cdrw(hdd).My linux is
installed on the slave hard drive. I attached my fstab and lilo config
in the hope it may help woth your problem.It seems most of the linux
writer programs insist on having at least one cdrom set up eide-=scsi
emulation. Hence the append statement in lilo.

LABEL=/                 /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3    defaults        1 2
none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
none                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
/dev/hdb3               swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
/dev/hda1		/mnt/win98		vfat
/dev/cdrom              /mnt/cdrom              udf,iso9660 noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
/dev/cdrom1             /mnt/cdrom1             udf,iso9660 noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
/dev/fd0                /mnt/floppy             auto    noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0
prompt
timeout=50
default=linux
boot=/dev/hdb1