Re: rlogin

Use Secure Shell (SSH) instead of rlogin.

...but in any case, you can use iptables to filter incoming connections by IP and service. Block everything except incoming SSH (port 22) and only allow from the IP of the one particular machine.

Christopher Hollow

geeta@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi all,

I want to allow one user from one particular machine to rlogin
to many other systems where rlogin is enabled. But what is happening is if any user from any machine just if he gives rlogin 172.x.x.x -l userA
it is logging in.
I do not want this to happen .only from one particular machine
a particular user should be given rlogin permission.I have created .rhosts file with an ip what should be allowed for the userA
in all the systems.

Pls help me, what mistale i am doing

thanks Geetha Thanu

-

-- Christopher Hollow - Technical Consultant Infrastructure & Technology Support Toronto, ON