Re: OT: Postfix question

It's been a while but....

If you need to send user@xxxxxxx to user@xxxxxxx, use canonincal mapping: (http://www.postfix.org/canonical.5.html)
Specify the canonical.cf file in your main.cf using the ' canonical_maps = ' parameter.

If you need to forward mail from user@xxxxxxx to someotheruser@xxxxxxx you will have to add an alias in the aliases file (http://www.postfix.org/aliases.5.html) and specify it in the main.cf with the line ' alias_maps = ' in your main.cf. Alias user@xxxxxxx to someotheruser@xxxxxxx and then do the above step for the domain rewrite.

After either of these steps, run postmap (http://www.postfix.org/postmap.1.html) command and then do a ' postfix reload '.

Like I said, I haven't done the config in a while and I'm not at my postfix box right now but that should set you down the right path. I might also suggest that you search/subscribe/post to the postfix mailing list archive. They've always been great to me in terms of support, all the way up to Wietse himself.

Christopher Hollow

Budi Febrianto wrote:

I want to setup my postfix server, so it can receives any email dest to
domain: ABC.com, and forward it to someone-else@xxxxxxxx I play around with
mydestination, and virtual domain with no luck.

In DNS I set the mx record for domain:ABC to my postfix.

Thanks

-- Christopher Hollow - Technical Consultant Infrastructure & Technology Support Toronto, ON