From: John Nichel [mailto:jnichel@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2003 2:09 AM
To: redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Apache 2.0.40 and PHP 4.2.2

Bret Hughes wrote:

> On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 21:53, John Nichel wrote:
>
>>Jason Dixon wrote:

>>>Makes sense, but neither LCL nor the the 3rd party company has mentioned
>>>which versions of which packages are "experimental".  We're running a
>>>little short on details.
>>>

>>According to the PHP website....
>>
>>"Do not use Apache 2.0 and PHP in a production environment neither on
>>Unix nor on Windows."
>>
>>I don't link the RPM version/package makes any difference.  I can't
>>remember exactly why, but I think it had something to do with
>>multi-threading.
>

> Has anyone had problems with this?  I installed a RHL 9 server months
> ago that is being used extensively with php and mysql and they have
> reported no problems.  Has RH removed the offending code that causes
> problems?
>
> Bret

To my understanding, it's not a Red Hat (or Linux, or Windows, etc)
problem.  I think it has to do with the way Apache 2 handles threads vs.
3 party modules in php.  Here's one of the conversations that took place
on the php list (Rasmus Lerdorf, the creator of php is involved in the
discussion)....

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=php-general&m=104323013713026&w=2

--
By-Tor.com