Re: Sendmail dnsbl issue

This issue that I am having is from a 'from scratch' install of RH9.
Everything is 'up2date' on it. I just carried over my RBL settings from my
older config and immediately received these errors upon running 'Make'. I
simplified the settings like I mentioned before, but I have been getting A
LOT more complaints from some of our employees that they are getting more
and more calls from frustrated clients that they cannot seem to get email in
to us.

This is due to the several RBL lists that we use, but as I cannot seem to
get custom messages into the bounce backs that these people receive, they
only get the default message that their IP address is listed in
xxx.some_rbl_list.com and that's the end of it.

So I have gone back to trying to figure out how to once again send more
informative messages in the bounce backs that would direct an affected
sender to an informative location on the web.

On 12/9/03 8:10 AM, "Steve Cowles" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> spoke thusly:

> From: "Craig Daters"
>
>> I am only seeing such errors since I have upgraded to RH9.0, When I was
>> running RH7.3 I never had such problems. I even used the same dnsbl
> settings
>> from my previous sendmail.mc. I just cut and pasted them into the new
>> sendmail.mc file. But I started getting the errors in question. To
> eliminate
>> them so that I could get Sendmail running, I just simplified the call:
>
> Did you also update your sendmail-cf rpm?????
>
> Steve Cowles

Craig D.

--

Craig Daters (craig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
Graphic Designer / Systems Administrator

Tel: 520-624-4939
Fax: 520-624-2715

www.westpress.com