Re: network problem, can connect to, but cant connect out

nm... the gateway was missing from the sysconfig/network file.

ian

At 01:28 PM 12/8/2003, you wrote:
i was trying to add a 2nd ip address to one of my network cards and i screwed up. I think i added a static route instead.

and now i cant fix it. I'm able to make a connection from the outside world to the machine, but i cant make a connection from the machine to the outside world. And i cant see where else this setting is. I looked in /etc/sysconfig/networking and /etc/sysconfig/networking-scripts

i found a file in the scripts directory eth0.route, which i deleted. I've tried rebooting. I've tried shuttin down iptables just in case. But nothing works. Can someone tell me how to fix this? its driving me nuts.

Ian