RealPlayer stopped working! (-<

I had installed RealPlayer, following the instructions posted a while ago.  It
used to run okay.  When I invoked  my little script, the little script that
forces a lower kernel venison, I used to get a little realplayer window pop
up.  Now it doesn't do that.  when I do pa -aux, I see the process running
but no realplayer window!

Does anyone have any ideas why?  Could this be due to my doing something to
disable something in my desktop environment which disables realplyer window
from popping up?

Thanks for your input and advice.  I would love to be able to listen to the
sample tracks for the new 'Lord of The Rings' movie  score, but if I can't
fix real player I won't be able to.

Thanks in advance.