From: redhat-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:redhat-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Bob Hartung
Sent: Saturday, December 06, 2003 9:11 AM
To: redhat list
Subject: X won't start for root - okay for other user

Hi,
   I have RH9 installed.  I cannot get X to start for root.
  It works fine for other users logged on to this machine.
I do not see any differences int the .X files in the
respective home directories.

   I can run redhat-config-xfree86 from the command line as
root and it brings up the configurator in a graphics mode
and says that it is saving the configuration.  But X still
will not start.

   I have looked in the log files but I don't see anything
that looks suspicious.

   Ideas?? This is bugging me.

Thanks,

Bob